Sunday, April 14, 2024

Only in Israel

A night full of booms and missile interceptions. Missiles and drones directly from Iran. For the first time in our history. Over 300 missiles and drones. 2:40 am - I wake up from the siren. I have no where to hide. I cover my face with my blanket and pray. A lot of noise for a long time. I get up to check the news online. A warm message from a colleague abroad. "The whole world is praying for you. We stand with you". How it warms the heart. If people knew how it helps, they would have written more. Back to bed. Falling asleep unperturbed. How strange. Feeling safe. How not-strange! God has been showing us incredible miracles, so we feel safe. We already expect His miracles and if they do not happen, it is strange. Dreaming that I'm going with an Israeli bus to Gaza, to visit the hostages. It is like a school trip. Everyone is so noisy and "sticky" with each other, and I feel so out of place, I need more depth, more substance. The terrorists in the dream try to show how nice they are. They bring us food - lots of round Yemenite-style pita breads and meat balls with yellow rice. I'm thinking it is not kosher. I won't eat. I am so out of place. We're leaving. One of us decides to stay there and hides away. Crazy. What if one of the hostages came back with us? The others would suffer. We're leaving. I wake up. In the morning, there is no evidence of the drama of the night. Life is back to normal. Crazy. Only in Israel. 

On the radio now, עוד דקה את נעלמת / זוהר ארגוב. 


1 comment: